Rivers, lakes and the Adriatic. Great fishing possibilities! Hot spots, fish species and different fishing techniques. Enjoy nature and release these beautiful creatures.
On this blog you will find information about fishing here and details on numerous fishing spots in Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia and other countries in this region.

Come here for a holidays and bring your fishing rod! Tight lines! We support Catch & Release approach!
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................... © All rights reserved.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bass fishing with Michael Seewald

Michael Seewald is a famous photographer and artist from San Diego, now on a trip a here in Croatia.
As a bass angler he wanted to have some Croatian bass on his rod, so we decided to open a new bass fishing season at Ivanec lakes. First day of bass fishing season brought us rain in the morning, than sunny midday period, and heavy rain at the end of the day. We met a lot of friends on the water, and we all had a nice fishing. Some bass were pretty decent. Michael and I decided to go with a top water lures and we were not wrong. Seaspin Pro Q 9 cm lure gave me some great surface action and my biggest bass of the day. Michael had a few bigger bass on a fluke and a dozen of smaller, so I think he like how we spent  the day, even our bass are not so big like his from California. Later at the evening we met some dear fishing friends from Croatian Bass  League, so we had a great time talking about one of the most important thing at the world, fishing ;) We all learned a lot from this angler from the homeland of bass fishing.
You can look at Michael's website and his work and story about Croatia at http://www.seewald.com/Michael_seewald%27s_new_home_page.htm

 

3 comments:

John Anderson said...

Hi,


Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing (http://fishingincroatia.blogspot.in/2012/06/bass-fishing-with-michael-seewald.html ) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

Let me know what you think
Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

Regards,
John Anderson

Michael Seewald said...

My dear Dravko, thanks for taking my under your wing while I was there. I had a blast fishing with you and the other guys I met there. The lure on that one bass' bottom lip is a Lucky Craft Gunfish, one fish killer.

My Croatia exhibition came out recently, we had about 200 folks in on opening night. Some were taken around Zagreb. Take a look here:
http://www.seewald.com/croatia.htm
Have a Happy New Year,
Your friend Michael Seewald

helti said...

Dear Michael,
I wish you all the best in 2013. A lot of big fish, and nice photos :) Some long exposure photos from Croatia are really cool, I like it very much. Also, I hope we will be fishing soon together ;)
best regards,
Zdravko

Epic fishing experience during the COVID lockdown on Socotra

  Well, Robi (Robert Pljuščec) is at first good fishing buddy, than excellent photographer and now a brilliant film maker. Stuck on the isl...